Belmont High School competes in the Northern League. The Belmont-Marshall rivalry is one of the oldest in LAUSD history.
|Belmont defeated Franklin 14-0 in 1933
Some of the highlights are:
- Belmont varsity football team defeated Wilson High 16-14 with a last-second field goal on Friday, Oct. 24, 1969, Luis
Gómez as the quarterback and kicker.
- Richard Reid S'66, was named the top player in Northern League basketball in 1966
- Boys' Cross-Country in the 1990's won 13 City Sction championships in 16 years
- Bill Smith was chosen the 1941 outstanding Southern California high school athlete of the year,
and was named to the 1941 All-Los Angeles City and All-Southern California High School Track and Field Team for
10-yard run, high jump and broad jump
|Football program from 1972, Belmont vs. Wilson at ELAC
The 1965 varsity football team was honored in the All-Northern League teams. Two players on the First Team
and three players on the Second Team.
|Baylor Maynard in 1938
- Ramone Archie, '84
- Coach Yoshito "Tom" Arima, S'48, Belmont alum, and Belmont basketball coach and teacher
- Mike Bell, Belmont alum & coach, played at Occidental College with Jack Kemp
- Ron Botchan, '53, NFL official, LACC football head coach, played at Occidental College with Jack Kemp
- Don Butcher, S'50
- LAUSD Commissioner Barbara Fiege
- M. J. Frankovich, UCLA, movie producer, LA Coliseum Commissioner
- Stan Friedman, Belmont alum & coach, played at Occidental College with Jack Kemp
- Luis Gomez, MLB player
- Roman Gomez, '85
- Coach Joseph K. "Pop" Hollinger
- Ken Johnson, '88
- Robert Lyles, '79, NFL football
- Coach Cameron "Laddie" Mullard, played key role in getting Jack Kemp to Occidental College
- Richard Reid, S'66, basketball
- Coach Gordon Weisenberger, Sr.
|Tom Arima, Belmont alum, teacher, and coach
|Sam Banuelos, Mario Navarro, Ronnie Dasalla, George Reynoso in 1980
What's New ...
(Date Posted: Saturday Sep 27, 2014 at Belmont's Athletics site)
Congratulations to the Sentinel Varsity Football
Team for their 26-12 victory over modern era rival Miguel Contreras LC! The Crown Hill Trophy stays at Belmont with
a win over Roybal (High School) on 10/10/14 which is Homecoming 2014!